Bequia Beach Hotel is a Ministry of Health approved 'Bubble Resort' property with property-speciific CMO and Ministry of Health approved Bubble Resort protocols
17/07 - Fully vaccinated guests will be rapid tested on-arrival to the Hotel, and immediately discharged after a negative result, therefore will no longer need to quarantine.
1/04 - Bequia Beach Hotel re-opened. All staff have received their first vaccine dose.
Executive Summary• Negative PCR Test results within 3 days & pre-arrival forms required for entry to Barbados & St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Fully Vaccinated Guests:
- An ‘On-Arrival’ Rapid test (at additional cost) will be arranged and conducted by a nurse at the hotel when you arrive.
- Once a negative result is returned within 20 minutes for you and your travel bubble, you will be immediately discharged and no need to quarantine; free to enjoy the hotel & island.
- An ‘On-Arrival’ Rapid test (at additional cost) will be arranged and conducted by a nurse at the hotel, and is required to enter into Phase 2.
- Phase 1: Restricted to stay within your room.
- Phase 2: After a negative 'On-Arrival' test result; remain on the Hotel property, Beach, Gardens, Pool, Bar, Restaurant and Spa now available. The nurse will perform a further test between day 5
- Phase 3: After a negative 'Day 5' test result, guests can participate in activities or approved tours such as diving, snorkelling, island tours and dine in selected restaurants. Jack's Beach Bar available.
• Face mask / coverings to be worn in public areas with some exceptions, hand sanitisation encouraged
• Qualified Nurse & Doctor available on call
• The Hotel has it's own supply of high-accuracy Antigen rapid tests approved for use (at an additional cost).
Bequia Beach Hotel looks forward to safely welcoming guests to our sunny little island, a few things might be a little different to our many repeat guests including exciting property upgrades but we are confident that our new protocols will ensure the same high level standards and safe hospitality.
Our vaccinated staff will be wearing face masks/coverings within the resort and we ask all persons including guests to also respect the requirement to wear masks/coverings whilst outside their room in public spaces and practice hand sanitisation.
We wish to reassure our guests and travel partners that the safety and wellbeing of our guests & staff is our highest priority. We recognise that choosing to book during this time can be a difficult decision and to help guests and support our travel partners, we have flexible booking policies.
• St. Vincent & The Grenadines Pre-arrival form submitted 24 hours prior to arrival
• Negative PCR COVID-19 Test certificate is required (taken within 3 days of arrival if transiting through Barbados to Bequia or if flying straight to St. Vincent)
• Please note Barbados are very strict on which type of PCR tests they consider valid
• See official guidelines for restrictions dependent on country of origin
Guests are asked to email copies of pre-arrival forms for Barbados & SVG and negative PCR Test result as soon as completed to allow for pre-clearance with Health ministries and fast-track transit in Barbados.
For arrivals to St. Vincent airport, please contact us and our team will assist with transportation to take the ferry to Bequia.
• Upon landing at Bequia airport, a nurse will be present and assist in the compulsory health assessment prior to immigration & customs
• You will be met & greeted by our staff at the airport and escorted to the hotel
Fully Vaccinated Guests
• Classified as guests with evidence of full vaccination (at least 2 weeks after the final dose) with a vaccine recognised by the Ministry of Health
• An On-Arrival Rapid test (at additional cost) will be conducted by a nurse at the hotel• Once a negative result returns after 20 minutes for you (& your travel bubble), you will be discharged with no need for quarantine.
• Negative PCR test still required prior to arrival
• Proof of full vaccination is required
• Fully vaccinated Guest’s accompanying children of 18 years and under will follow this protocol
Requirements for unvaccinated guests from 'High Risk' countries
Guests originating from countries designated 'High Risk' by St. Vincent & The Grenadines will follow the Phased system of quarantine.
(Note: The following approved bubble resort protocols are specifically for Bequia Beach Hotel only)
• You and others in your personal bubble must remain in your designated room.
• In-Room dining service will be available for meals, drinks, special requests
Please note, the 'On-Arrival' Rapid test if valid, will produce results in 15-25 minutes. Once you and your bubble are negative, you will transition to Phase 2.
An ‘On-Arrival’ Rapid test taken at the hotel is required to enter into Phase 2.
- You and others in your personal bubble must remain on the Hotel property.
- We can now welcome you to the Beach, Gardens, Pool, Bar, Restaurants and Spa & Gym
On Day 5 guests will be re-tested, once you & your bubble’s negative ‘Day 5’ test results are confirmed to us, you will enter into Phase 3.
• Once Day 5 test results return negative, guests can explore the island, participate in activities or tours such as diving, snorkelling, island tours and dine in selected restaurants. Please contact Guest Services to advise and arrange accordingly.
• Our sister restaurant Jack’s Beach Bar on Princess Margaret Beach will be available. Guests are asked to remain in their bubble whilst enjoying the beach.
• Land tours will be conducted with approved open-back taxis and are asked to wear their mask throughout the trip.
• Within public areas, please use a face mask/covering and hand sanitisation provided
• Face masks/coverings will not be required whilst on the beach, sun beds & whilst dining
• Temperatures will be monitored daily
• A qualified nurse will be on hand to assist you with arrival & exist tests & any other matters
Protocol for a Positive Guest Test
Guest Departure Process
• If a further PCR test is required for transit through Barbados on your return journey the hotel will be happy to arrange this.
• This PCR test can be conducted by our qualified nurse at the hotel at a cost of around USD 55 pp
Official Entry Requirements
> St Vincent & The Grenadines
> Transit through Barbados
You must complete the Barbados Immigration & Customs within 3 days BEFORE travelling to Barbados. [Link to Form]
Please see the latest guidelines here, all travellers are advised have proof of a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test.
Useful Links & Information