Last Updated: 18 October 2020
10/10 - Bequia Beach Hotel reopened with it's first guests of the season!
01/10 - St Vincent added the UK to their list of 'high risk' countries requiring a 5-day arrival quarantine period
25/09 - Barbados have added the UK to their list of 'high risk' countries as of Oct 1st (requiring quarantine upon arrival), this change will not affect guests who transit same-day to Bequia (you must still travel with a negative pre-departure test). We have also been directly advised by the CMO in Barbados, "You will be allowed to leave quarantine and travel to your final destination before the retest period." (4-5 days after arrival to Barbados)
Bequia Beach Hotel is a Ministry of Health approved 'Bubble Resort' property following approved Bubble Resort protocols
> Negative PCR Test results within 3 days & pre-arrival forms required for entry to Barbados & St. Vincent & The Grenadines
> 'Upon-arrival' PCR test to be taken at Bequia Airport (at no additional cost)
> Restricted to stay within the Hotel property (use of gardens, beach, pool, sunbeds permitted) whilst waiting on test result
> Guests originating from countries designated 'High Risk' must stay within the resort zone (Hotel Grounds) their initial 5 days but have full use of facilities after a negative 'upon-arrival' test result.
> The nurse will perform a PCR test between day 4-5 (at no additional cost) - Restrictions discharged upon receipt of this negative test result
> Face mask / coverings to be worn in public areas with some exceptions, hand sanitisation encouraged
> Qualified Nurse available on call
Bequia Beach Hotel looks forward to safely welcoming guests to our sunny little island, a few things might be a little different to our many repeat guests including exciting property upgrades but we are confident that our new protocols and special restriction arrangements below will ensure the same high level standards and safe hospitality.
Our staff will be wearing face masks/coverings within the resort and we ask all persons including guests to also respect the requirement to wear masks/coverings whilst outside their room in public spaces and practice hand sanitisation.
We are pleased to inform you that the Hotel will have it’s own qualified nurse on staff to assist with arrival & exit tests, help monitor and provide reassurance to our guests.
We wish to reassure our guests and travel partners that the safety and wellbeing of our guests & staff is our highest priority. We recognise that choosing to book during this time can be a difficult decision and to help guests and support our travel partners, we have flexible booking policies.
• Pre-arrival form submitted 24 hours prior to arrival to St. Vincent & The Grenadines • Negative PCR COVID-19 Test certificate is required (taken within 3 days of arrival if transiting through Barbados to Bequia or within 5 days of arrival if flying straight to St. Vincent) - We recommend the Chelsea Bridge Clinic for this.
• See official guidelines for restrictions dependent on country of origin
Guests are asked to email copies of pre-arrival forms for Barbados & SVG and negative PCR Test result as soon as completed to allow for pre-clearance with Health ministries and fast-track transit in Barbados.
Arrival at Bequia Airport
• Upon landing at Bequia airport, a nurse will be present and assist in the compulsory health assessment and conduct a ‘upon-arrival’ swab test (at no additional cost) prior to immigration & customs
• You will be met & greeted by our staff at the airport and escorted to the hotel
For arrivals to St. Vincent airport, please contact us and our team will assist with transportation to take the ferry to Bequia
Requirements whilst awaiting your arrival test results
(Note: The following approved special arrangements are specifically for Bequia Beach Hotel only and may differ from St. Vincent & The Grenadines official guidelines)
• Once checked into your room, you and others in your personal party must stay within the Hotel’s grounds.
• You are free to go outside, use the grounds and gardens, including beach, pools and dedicated sun loungers, however we are unable to welcome you to the spa & restaurants.
• Please refrain from close interaction with persons outside your personal bubble and maintain a safe physical distance of 2m.
• In-Room dining service will be available for meals, drinks, special requests
Once your negative ‘upon-arrival’ test result is delivered, you will be cleared to use our restaurants & Spa on property.
(Note: In most cases test results will be delivered within 24 hours)
Requirements for Guests from 'High Risk' countries
Guests originating from countries designated 'High Risk' by St. Vincent & The Grenadines must stay within the Hotel Grounds during their initial 5 days but have full use of facilities after a negative 'upon-arrival' test result.
The nurse will re-test between day 4-5; once results return negative they will be fully discharged from any restrictions. (Temperatures will continue to be monitored, external visitors, friends only allowed once day 4-5 test is returned negative)
During your stay
• Within the resort in public areas, please use a face mask/covering and hand sanitisation provided
• Face masks/coverings will not be required whilst on the beach, sun beds & whilst dining
• Temperatures will be monitored daily
• A on-site qualified nurse will be on hand to assist you with arrival & exist tests & any other matters
Protocol for a Positive Guest Test
Guest Departure Process
• If a further PCR test is required for transit through Barbados on your return journey the hotel will be happy to arrange this. (at present required for stays under
21 14 days within the CARICOM region)
• This PCR test can be conducted by our qualified nurse at the hotel at a cost of around USD 42 pp
Official Entry Requirements
Updated: 13 October 2020, but may be subject to change
> St Vincent & The Grenadines
(Please note special arrangements for Bequia Beach Hotel guests may differ from St. Vincent & The Grenadines official guidelines)
> Transit through Barbados
You must complete the Barbados Immigration & Customs within 72 hours BEFORE travelling to Barbados. [Link to Form]
Please see the latest guidelines here, all travellers are advised have proof of a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test.
Useful Links & Information
- From 28th July 2020 St Vincent & The Grenadines has been added to the UK Government's list of 'approved travel corridors', ensuring there are no quarantine restrictions upon UK guests' return home.